Samsung's Galaxy Gear ad resembles Apple's 'Hello' spot
In 2007, Apple introduced the iPhone to the world with a clever ad called "Hello." That ad appears to be the inspiration for a new TV ad for Samsung's Galaxy Gear smartwatch called "A Long Time Coming." We'll let you decide for yourself -- both ads are embedded below -- but the similarity is surprising. The iPhone is at least a standalone device, with the Galaxy Gear requiring a Samsung smartphone as a big, unwieldy peripheral. That's something Samsung doesn't seem eager to point out in its ad.
Thanks to TechCrunch's Matthew Panzarino for pointing this one out to us.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options