Samsung's Galaxy Gear ad resembles Apple's 'Hello' spot
In 2007, Apple introduced the iPhone to the world with a clever ad called "Hello." That ad appears to be the inspiration for a new TV ad for Samsung's Galaxy Gear smartwatch called "A Long Time Coming." We'll let you decide for yourself -- both ads are embedded below -- but the similarity is surprising. The iPhone is at least a standalone device, with the Galaxy Gear requiring a Samsung smartphone as a big, unwieldy peripheral. That's something Samsung doesn't seem eager to point out in its ad.
Thanks to TechCrunch's Matthew Panzarino for pointing this one out to us.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter