Samsung's Galaxy Gear ad resembles Apple's 'Hello' spot
In 2007, Apple introduced the iPhone to the world with a clever ad called "Hello." That ad appears to be the inspiration for a new TV ad for Samsung's Galaxy Gear smartwatch called "A Long Time Coming." We'll let you decide for yourself -- both ads are embedded below -- but the similarity is surprising. The iPhone is at least a standalone device, with the Galaxy Gear requiring a Samsung smartphone as a big, unwieldy peripheral. That's something Samsung doesn't seem eager to point out in its ad.
Thanks to TechCrunch's Matthew Panzarino for pointing this one out to us.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)