Samsung's Galaxy Gear ad resembles Apple's 'Hello' spot
In 2007, Apple introduced the iPhone to the world with a clever ad called "Hello." That ad appears to be the inspiration for a new TV ad for Samsung's Galaxy Gear smartwatch called "A Long Time Coming." We'll let you decide for yourself -- both ads are embedded below -- but the similarity is surprising. The iPhone is at least a standalone device, with the Galaxy Gear requiring a Samsung smartphone as a big, unwieldy peripheral. That's something Samsung doesn't seem eager to point out in its ad.
Thanks to TechCrunch's Matthew Panzarino for pointing this one out to us.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter