China Mobile begins in-store advertising for the iPhone 5s
With China Mobile gearing up to sell the iPhone for the first time, it's apparently rolling out quite the advertising campaign in some of its locations.
According to the blog PRC And Me, at least one China Mobile store has begun placing iPhone 5s adverts in-store and, on top of that, even showcasing iPhone 5s and 5c models in displays.
Advertisements on the wall showed what I believe to be discount pricing (probably with contract) of 4380元 (US$723) for the iPhone 5s and 3380元 ($558) for the 5c. Of the two display tables in the store, one was dedicated to iPhones and iPads and there was a pretty good crowd around the table as I passed by. Not only were there Apple advertisements all over the place, but even Phil Schiller was present, his A7 chip announcement playing on a flatscreen TV.
All hail Schiller!
A majority of the ad and display space in the store had been dedicated to Apple. If this is any indication, China Mobile is planning to aggressively promote their new Apple partnership in the hopes of blunting any advances from China Unicom and Telecom.
Rumor has it that the iPhone 5s will go on sale on China Mobile on December 18, but no confirmation has yet been made by either Apple or China Mobile.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync