iOS card game Dead Man's Draw sets sail for free-to-play waters
Critically acclaimed iOS card game Dead Man's Draw enters the realm of free-to-play this week, abandoning a US$1.99 entry fee in favor of the tried-and-true in-app purchase model. The game features strategic elements, but places a good deal of emphasis on simple rules that should maximize the number of casual iOS gamers that can enjoy it.
Now that the game is free, existing users may feel a bit ripped off by their early purchase, but Stardock has a fix for that: Anyone who purchased the game prior to its F2P odyssey will be presented with "a generous sum of in-game currency." So if you're a seasoned Dead Man's Draw veteran, check your digital treasure chest for a surprise.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options