iOS card game Dead Man's Draw sets sail for free-to-play waters
Critically acclaimed iOS card game Dead Man's Draw enters the realm of free-to-play this week, abandoning a US$1.99 entry fee in favor of the tried-and-true in-app purchase model. The game features strategic elements, but places a good deal of emphasis on simple rules that should maximize the number of casual iOS gamers that can enjoy it.
Now that the game is free, existing users may feel a bit ripped off by their early purchase, but Stardock has a fix for that: Anyone who purchased the game prior to its F2P odyssey will be presented with "a generous sum of in-game currency." So if you're a seasoned Dead Man's Draw veteran, check your digital treasure chest for a surprise.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter