China Mobile deal with Apple still not official
Despite a number of indications that Apple was on the cusp of striking an iPhone deal with China Mobile, including China Mobile setting up adverts in its stores, we still haven't heard any official word from either Apple or China Mobile.
While rumors of the iPhone landing on China Mobile have persisted for years, a deal seemed inevitable when the Wall Street Journal reported earlier this month that a deal had, in fact, been officially inked between the two companies. The report relayed that the iPhone was set to land on China Mobile later in December and, perhaps, would be timed to correspond with a China Mobile conference set to kick off on December 18.
Flash forward to December 18 and there's still no deal to speak of. Indeed, during the aforementioned conference, China Mobile said that negotiations with Apple remain ongoing, with chairman Xi Gouhua noting that he had no announcement of any kind to make.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter