Daily iPhone App: The Walk adds some danger and intrigue to your daily routine
You may remember Six to Start for its smash fitness app, Zombies, Run!. The app combines running with a narrated storyline that allows you to play the role of a survivor of the zombie apocalypse. The game studio, along with Naomi Alderman, is back with a follow-up thriller, The Walk, that tracks your steps and tells you a story as you walk.
In The Walk, you star as the survivor of an explosion on a London train. You unwittingly end up with a package that could save the world, but you need to get it out of the city. As you walk in real life, you will move about the city's map avoiding police and following the voice instructions from your faithful guide. Walking also unlocks additional audio clips and allows you to gather collectibles on the map, both of which flesh out the rest of the story.
The Walk is less immersive than its Zombies, Run! counterpart, but equally compelling. Unlike Zombies, Run!, which talks to you throughout your run, The Walk is meant for you to go for a walk, pull out your phone to find some collectibles, unlock a few audio clips and then move on. It's great for people who walk to work or school or walk for pleasure and want some rewards for the time they spend on their feet. Just like Zombies, Run!, the storyline sucks you in and encourages you to get moving, even if it's just for a short jaunt.
The Walk is available for US$2.99 from the iOS App Store.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app