iBackFlip TabKeeper 360: The adaptable carrying case for every tablet (Updated)
Two things that keep people from buying protection for their iPads are price and the inability to use the case with a different model of tablet. With iBackFlip's new TabKeeper 360 (US$54.95), both of those barriers to entry have been demolished. Be sure to check out iBackFlip's discount pricing on the iBackFlip Somersault, as well as our giveaway of a TabKeeper 360 at the end of this review. Update: It helps when you actually remember to add the giveaway form... it's now at the end of the post
Florida-based iBackFlip first caught our attention a while back with their totally innovative Somersault iPad case. What made it innovative? The fact that it could be used as a backpack, a briefcase-like carry case, or as a hands-free "table" for holding an iPad in front of you while standing or walking. Well, the TabKeeper 360 improves on that design in several ways -- it's less expensive, it can be used with just about any tablet with up to a 10.1" diagonal screen, and it's usable as a sling-style backpack, messenger bag, or carry bag.
How does this all work? The bag itself is quite small, measuring in at 12" x 9" and about 2" thick. One half of the case features a snap-closed spot for carrying accessories, pens, business cards, and even small notebooks. The other half of the TabKeeper 360 is a padded space where the iPad, iPad mini or other tablet resides.
In the bottom of that space are four large Velcro® pads that are used to hold the tablet into place. No, you don't glue Velcro onto the back of your iPad as the other part of the installation -- instead, iBackFlip comes with two universal adapters that each consist of four Velcro-backed paddles that have a elastic band that goes around a corner of the tablet. Those paddles are connected with other elastics in a crosswise fashion. Simply slip those bands over the corners of your iPad, then slap the Velcro pads onto their counterparts in the case, and it stays put. One of the adapters is made for large tablets, the other for smaller models.
As with the other iBackFlip products, it's the mounting system on the outside that adds a huge amount of versatility. When you first get your TabKeeper 360, you don't see the straps or the connectors. The straps are in an plastic bag inside, and the connectors are tucked away neatly into four small pockets on the back of the case. You can use the TabKeeper 360 in this configuration, carried with a handle just like a tiny briefcase. Now, pull out the shoulder strap and connect it to any two of the connectors for a really adaptable bag. The following video, featuring iBackFlip's CEO Ryan Chavis, shows you exactly how versatile this bag really is.
Starting for a limited time on December 18, 2013, iBackFlip is offering a 20 percent discount off of the Somersault series of bags. You can also like company on Facebook, tweet them, or share your purchase on Google+ for an additional 10 percent discount. Or you can choose to enter our giveaway and have a chance to win an iBackFlip TabKeeper 360 of your very own!
For about half of what you'd pay for a good iPad case, you can get something much more versatile and useful -- the iBackFlip TabKeeper 360. This well-built carrying case not only provides protection, but a variety of carrying modes and a way to work on an iPad easily while standing up.
- Inexpensive, yet extremely well-constructed
- Fits just about any tablet you may have now or in the future
- Waterproof zipper keeps the rain and snow from harming your iPad
- A number of different carrying modes for different folks
- None to speak of
Who is it for?
- Anyone who changes tablets about as often as they change socks and wants a case that will last for years
- Outdoor workers who need to work on an iPad or iPad mini while they stand
Yup, we're giving our review sample away, dang it. Here are the rules for the giveaway:
- Open to legal US residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 and older.
- To enter, fill out the form below completely and click or tap the Submit button.
- The entry must be made before December 23, 2013 11:59PM Eastern Standard Time.
- You may enter only once.
- One winner will be selected and will receive a iBackFlip TabKeeper 360 valued at $54.95
- Click here for complete Official Rules.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service