iPhone gets Auto Shazam update, now it's always listening
Song-identification app Shazam is already an App Store favorite, but today's update makes the iPhone version even more useful. Adding a feature called Auto Shazam (which has been available on the iPad edition for a short while already), the app can now be told to continuously monitor the sounds around you and identify songs before you even tell it to.
When you activate Auto Shazam, you can leave the app open, close it down or even lock your phone and the app will still listen in for tunes. If you permit Shazam to push notifications to your lock screen, a list of songs that the app has ID'd will auto-populate, which is perfect for when you're driving and can't take the time (or risk) to pull out your iPhone and fiddle with it.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration