Where there's a Spark Digital, there's Lightning
It's not the biggest news of the day by any stretch of the imagination, but if you're a user of one of Blue Mics' wonderful Spark Digital microphones (US$199.99), you'll be glad to hear that the device is now available with a Lightning cable for use with your favorite new iOS device. If you're unfamiliar with the Spark Digital, be sure to check out the TUAW review of the microphone.
In the past, the Spark Digital shipped with a USB connector that could be used with any USB-equipped Mac or PC, as well as with a 30-pin Dock Connector cable for use with previous generations of the iPhone and iPad. Now the device can use the thin, direction-independent cable to connect to all of the more recent iOS devices that use the Lightning standard for charging and syncing.
For those who purchased a Spark Digital with the 30-pin adapter cable after August 1, 2013, Blue Microphones is making the Lightning cable available for free when you provide proof of purchase. If you bought a Spark Digital earlier than August 1 or can't find that receipt, a Lightning cable is available for just US$28 (email email@example.com to request the cable).
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration