Afternoon news roundup for December 27, 2013
Good afternoon! Here's what's going on in the Apple world since our morning roundup:
- On the second day after Christmas, Apple's 12 Days of of Gifts has given to us... Rovio's Little Thief for iOS! It's free until tomorrow, when day three's gift goes live.
- Other World Computing has already gotten its hands into the new Mac Pro and revealed that the Intel Xeon E5 processor is removable. This opens the door for future upgrades to the Mac Pros, as the machines use a standardized LGA 2011 CPU socket.
- Apple's Coquitlam Centre store in British Columbia was briefly closed after a smoke bomb went off just before 2:45 PM on Thursday. Police told The Province that they believe the incident was a prank, and there were no injuries.
- Poor Vdio. It barely had a chance to get off the ground. The service that was launched in April won't even make it to 2014, as Rdio announced the service is shutting down. Those who purchased items through Vdio or have unused rentals will be compensated with Amazon gift cards.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options