Morning news roundup for December 30, 2013
Good morning, Apple fans. Here's a look at what's happing in Apple news this morning.
- Martin Scorsese's Hugo is free from iTunes today. As part of its "12 Days of Gifts" promo, Apple has made Martin Scorsese's Hugo available for free today. This movie won almost universal praise (it has a 94 percent positive rating at Rotten Tomatoes) and I'm eager to see it.
- iPad holds biggest tablet share in US during 2013. New research from the NPD group showed that the iPad accounted for 15.8 percent of personal computing device sales in the US during 2013. That's greater than Android tablets (8.7 percent) and Windows tablets (2.2 percent). Meanwhile, US Chromebook sales grew (9.6 percent), while Apple notebook sales dropped a bit.
- Christmas app downloads set a new record. Analysis firm Flurry notes that Christmas smartphone app downloads were up 11 percent in 2013 from the same time last year. Social apps were very popular downloads on Christmas Day.
- Michelle Hillaert had such a positive experience at a Virginia Apple Store, she wrote a song about it. And made a video.
Good morning, Apple fans. Here's a look at what's happing in Apple news this morning. Martin Scorsese's Hugo is free from iTunes today....
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free