TUAW video tip: Using Wireless Diagnostics to fine-tune your WiFi network
If you're wondering if your WiFi network is operating at peak efficiency, we have just the video tip for you today. Mac OS X features a utility called Wireless Diagnostics that can be used to quickly determine the best channels on your WiFi network. You can then use whatever tool is included with your router (AirPort Utility for AirPort Extreme and AirPort Express users, various utilities or web portals for other routers) to set the channels and optimize your speed and bandwidth.
As with our other video tips, this one can be resized to full-screen for ease of viewing.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter