App Store sold more than $10 billion in 2013
If you spent any money on the App Store in 2013, you helped contribute to a record-breaking year for Apple's digital marketplace. The company revealed today that App Store sales passed US$10 billion in 2013, with more than $1 billion in sales coming in December alone.
Apple's press release calls out a few apps by name for their surprising performance, including Heads Up, Candy Crush Saga, QuizUp and Minecraft. The company also notes that, to date, it has paid out a whopping $15 billion to app developers who stock the virtual store shelves.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter