Looking for a data center tech job? Apple's hiring: News from Jan. 10, 2014
Good evening! Here's the Apple news for Jan. 10, 2014:
- Apple has posted additional positions for its Oregon-based data center, including data center maintenance techs and a chief engineer for the center. As MacRumors notes, Apple has been seeking that engineer since last year. The story also notes that a land acquisition Apple explored last fall seemed to be geared toward building a solar farm.
- Apple will open its fourth flagship Beijing store on Saturday. The newest addition to the Apple Store family will be in the Chaoyang district's China Central Place. It's the 10th Apple Store in China.
- A U.S. appeals court said that Apple did not any of Motorola Mobility's patents in the production of the iPhone, upholding a decision originally handed down in April by the International Trade Commission. Motorola Mobility, now owned by Google, had accused Apple of infringing on six patents that ranged from the proximity sensor to reducing signal noise.
- NTT Docomo's acquisition of the iPhone helped it surpass the competition for the first time in two years, gaining far more new subscribers than its two biggest rivals thanks to the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c. "From now, the ranking of the companies will be switching because Docomo offers the iPhone," Satoru Kikuchi, an analyst at SMBC Nikko Securities Inc. in Tokyo told Bloomberg Businessweek. "The iPhone strengthens Docomo's foundation."
- Path has managed to obtain $25 million in Series C funding, Re/code reported late Friday in an exclusive report. The largest of the backers this go-around is Bakrie Global Group out of Indonesia.
Kick back and relax with some of these features:
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration