Morning news roundup for January 10, 2014
Hello all! It's Friday, January 10, 2014 and the weekend is almost here! Here's your morning news roundup.
- Apple will take 11 percent of the global enterprise market by 2015, according to new research from Forrester. That's not bad considering in 2009 Apple only held 1 percent of the global enterprise market and in 2012 it was just 8 percent.
- The arcade classic Pac-Man is Apple's free App of the Week. The game features the classic mazes as well as a host of new ones.
- Apple drops to fourth place in US PC shipments for Q4 2013. Apple fell one place to number four in US PC shipments last quarter, according to IDC. HP, Dell and Lenovo take the top three spots.
- The first free app of 2014 available through Apple's Apple Store app is 7 Minute Workout Challenge, an app that helps you get fit based on the latest 7-minute workout trend. Normally the app is US$1.99. If you want to download it for free, you must access it through the Apple Store app.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app