German user turns trashcan into Hackintosh Mac Pro and other news from Jan. 14, 2013
There's little news that has yet to topple Monday's Google acquisition of Nest. So here's a look at a unique Hackintosh: a trashcan that has been repurposed as a Mac Pro, inspired by the look of the new machine. Click through to see more photos from the German user who crafted the machine. The image is from tonymacx86.com.
Other news from this afternoon included:
Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak visits China and throws his support behind smartphone producer Xiaomi.
On the other side of the world, Apple has launched its back-to-school promotion for the Australia and New Zealand crowd. Those taking advantage of buying any new iPhone, iPad or Mac other than the Mac mini or a Mac Pro will receive a gift card in addition to the standard education discount.
Ahead of the Friday iPhone launch by China Mobile, the company has taken delivery of 1.4 million iPhone 5s units from Foxconn.
Adobe has extended its Creative Cloud Photoshop Photography Program, which grants users access to Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5 and several other Adobe products for $9.99 per month. The offer has been extended until Feb. 28.
Macrumors has the first images of the new Apple store going up in Brisbane, Australia.
Apple has begun hiring engineers for its Mesa, Ariz. plant, which is dedicated to producing Sapphire material for iOS devices.
Kick back and relax with some of these features:
- Tech support heroes DO exist
- Man spams App Store for fun and makes $2,800 in profit
There's little news that has yet to topple Monday's Google acquisition of Nest. So here's a look at a unique Hackintosh: a trashcan that...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update