Nest reaffirms iOS support, and other news for January 14, 2014
The biggest tech news of the last 24 hours was Google's acquisition of Nest. Many customers considered what that means for the future of Nest and iOS. To calm any fears, several Nest execs have confirmed that Nest's products will always support iOS. Now, the company has also released a FAQ confirming it:
Will Nest continue to support iOS so I can have the Nest app on my iPhone or iPad?
Yes, absolutely. We'll continue supporting iOS, Android and modern web browsers so you can check in on your home and control the temperature from wherever you are.
In other news:
- Variety is reporting that The Social Network and West Wing scribe Aaron Sorkin has turned in the script for Sony's Steve Jobs biopic, which is based off of Walter Isaacson's biography.
- Final Cut Pro X may gain the ability to edit 3D video sometime in the future if a patent application is any indication. Apple has been granted US Patent No. 8,631,047 for "Editing 3D video." The patent details how to manipulate a stereoscopic three-dimensional image.
- Apple has lost a bid to oust its court-appointed monitor. US District Judge Denise Cote has denied Apple's request to remove Michael Bromwich, who's bound to ensure that Apple abides by anti-trust laws. Apple believes Bromwich has a personal bias against the company.
The biggest tech news of the last 24 hours was Google's acquisition of Nest. Many customers considered what that means for the future of...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free