The Limefuel Blast L60X external battery pack is power in your pocket
External battery packs are one of the most useful types of accessories you can own. They are endlessly convenient when you're not near your phone or tablet charger and also great for emergency or power outage situations. The Limefuel Blast L60X is one of the more modest entries into this category, with a pocketable form factor and a sleek design, but it's also one of the easiest to recommend.
- Capacity: 6,000mAh
- Charge time: Four to six hours
- Dimensions: 3.6 x 1.7 x 0.9 inches (92 x 43 x 24mm)
- Weight: 4.4 oz (124 g)
- Charging method: USB to micro-USB
The Limefuel L60X is the most petite external battery that Limeade offers, and it's extremely compact. It'll fit in your pocket without feeling cumbersome and while it's heavy enough to feel solid, it won't weigh you down. A small strip of LED lights on the front shows the current charge level, and both the USB and micro-USB ports are found on one end of the device. There's also a small LED flashlight next to the USB ports that can be turned on by double-pressing the charge button. Overall, it's as simple as could be, and that's perfect for an accessory that isn't meant to be shown off.
With 6,000mAh of juice, the L60X fully recharged my iPhone 5s a couple of times from the 10 to 20 percent range and still had a bit left over. The math says that since the iPhone 5s features a 1,560mAh battery, the L60X should be able to refill it almost four times, but in practice these devices aren't perfectly efficient, and oftentimes it's not even close.
The Limefuel seems to be more efficient than most, however, and depending on your device, you can expect two or three full charges from it, and probably have a bit left for emergencies. It's one of the best external batteries I've ever used, and I can promise you I'll have one of these little guys along with me on my next camping trip or long plane flight.
The best an external battery pack can do is recharge your device as many times as possible, and do so repeatedly. The Limefuel L60X checks both of those boxes confidently, and its sleek form factor and no-nonsense design are just icing on the cake. For US$59.99 (on sale through Amazon right now for $29.99), it's great.
Rating: 4 stars out of a possible 4 stars
Want to give your iPhone or iPad new life without visiting a power outlet? The Limefuel Blast L60X battery pack can help, so follow the giveaway rules:
- Open to legal US residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 and older.
- To enter, fill out the form below completely and click or tap the Submit button.
- The entry must be made before January 16, 2014 11:59PM Eastern Standard Time.
- You may enter only once.
- One winner will be selected and will receive a Limefuel Blast L60X battery pack valued at US$59.99.
- Click Here for complete Official Rules.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update