Some comedic tweets about Google's Nest acquisition
News of Google's Nest acquisition spread like wildfire on Monday. So much so that Nest smoke detectors were going off like crazy across the country. I kid, I kid.
With Nest already stating that they will continue to support iOS devices, iPhone and iPad users seemingly don't have to worry that Nest Labs is now under the Google umbrella.
So on a lighter note, here are a few of the more comical tweets I spotted in the wake of Google's US$3.2 billion acquisition.
Make me add a Google+ account to my Nest, and the thing goes in the trash.- Wes Miller (@getwired) January 13, 2014
Larry Page is sitting in the Nest control room, and turning the A/C way up in Tim Cook's house so it's really cold by the time he gets home.- Mark Milian (@markmilian) January 13, 2014
If only Page knew that Cook sleeps in the office. Joke's on him!
Which was then followed up with this gem.
Something tells me that when Google went public 10 years ago, the prospectus didn't list Honeywell as a competitor.- Ari Levy (@levynews) January 14, 2014
And last but not least,
@levynews Or Ford. Or Luxotica. Or Apple. Or TimeWarner Cable. Or whoever makes hot-air balloons.- Russell Fradin (@rfradin) January 14, 2014
thinking google missed a great opportunity to offer $3.14159265359B (henceforth known as pi-billion).- naveen (@naveen) January 14, 2014
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter