Box rebuilt its iOS app and is offering 50GB of free storage for downloading it
Box has released an updated version of its iOS app and is offering 50GB of free cloud storage to every user that downloads the app during the next month. Box's normal free storage limit is 10GB, so this special offer comes with a considerable boost in storage.
The new app features a faster, redesigned user interface, commenting and text search and the ability to move multiple files at once. In addition, it includes support for viewing more than 100 different kinds of files. Photography-focused users will appreciate the new progressive low- to high-resolution photo loading that allows for faster previews.
iOS users are the first to get the reworked version of Box, but Android and Windows Phone users can expect it later on. You can download the new Box, and claim your 50GB in free storage, over in the app store. We've included the app's launch video below.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter