How to share your location using Apple Maps
If you need to tell someone where you are located and they are not familiar with local landmarks, you don't have to fuss with a third-party app. There's an easy way to share your coordinates using Apple's built-in Maps application. Here's how:
- Open up Apple Maps on your iOS device.
- Select the blue icon in the bottom-left corner. This will pinpoint your current location within Maps.
- Tap on the red pushpin to bring up additional details on your location.
- Tap on "Share" in the upper-right-hand corner.
- Select your preferred method of sharing. You can choose from Messages, Mail, Twitter and Facebook.
If you have any other ways of sharing your location in iOS, please let us in the comments below.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)