Daily App: America in the King Years trilogy by Taylor Branch
Today is Martin Luther King Jr. Day, a day set aside in the US to honor the accomplishments of the civil rights leader and to remember his role in the civil rights movement. As a result, we are expanding our app reviews to include several iBooks titles, starting with Parting the Waters, America in the King Years 1954 - 1963 by Taylor Branch.
Parting the Waters is the first book in Branch's America in the King Years series, which tells the broader story of the American civil rights movement from 1954 to 1968. King's rise to the leadership of this movement is described in the trilogy, which mixes biography with the political and cultural history from those tumultuous years in the US. Branch spent 24 years writing and researching the books and won the 1989 Pulitzer Prize for History for the opening title, Parting the Waters.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync