Mac Pro shipping window pushed back to March
In what's becoming an unfortunate trend for newly released products, it seems that Apple is having trouble keeping up with demand for the newly released Mac Pro. I suppose, though, that not being able to manufacture a product fast enough to keep up with consumer demand is a problem that most other companies would love to have.
If you take a look at Apple's online store, you'll notice that the shipping window for the Mac Pro has been pushed back to March. Previously, the shipping estimate for Apple's new speed demon was February.
This past December, Apple issued a statement to Forbes addressing the supply/demand imbalance.
"Demand for the all new Mac Pro is great and it will take time before supply catches up with demand," an Apple spokesman said.
You might recall that Apple's revamped iMac also experienced supply shortages for the first few months after it was released in late 2012.
In what's becoming an unfortunate trend for newly released products, it seems that Apple is having trouble keeping up with demand for the...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update