A snowblower attacked the Apple store, and other news for January 22
New York City was hit by a big snowstorm yesterday which led to snow trucks, shovels and snowblowers being out in full force. However, that was bad news for the Fifth Avenue Apple store as one of its 15 massive glass panels was shattered by a NYC cleanup crew member operating a snowblower. There's no word yet on what exactly happened, but at least now we know snowblowers and windows don't mix.
In other news:
- Apple has seeded OS X Server 3.1 Preview to developers. According to people in the know, the latest preview addresses a Profile Manager problem with syntax errors appearing in migration SQL. Developers can grab OS X Server 3.1 Preview via Software Update or through Apple's developer connection.
- In the never-ending Apple-Samsung legal battle, a judge has found that Samsung has infringed on another one of Apple's patents and a Samsung patent was found to be invalidated.
- Blizzard's Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft is now available for Mac in open beta, which means anyone can download and play it for free today. Interested gamers can download the beta here.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features