Apple to finally fix random rebooting in iOS 7 and other news from Jan. 22, 2014
Apple has acknowledged one of the biggest frustrations for iOS 7 users -- the soft rebooting of the phone that happens at random times. Apple spokeswoman Trudy Muller told Mashable that the soft reboot issue should be resolved in an iOS 7 update. She did not indicate if it was part of the current beta, but if you want to put stock in rumors, the update will coincide with iOS 7.1's release.
While some people said the glitch might be tied into battery usage, I've found that it could happen with anything ranging from checking email to quick-switching between apps. Our readers were noticing reboots happening when they listened to music or doing other simple tasks. Where have you found it?
Other news from this afternoon includes:
- Apple has broken down its "Your Verse" ad into smaller chunks, posting them to its YouTube account as "Sound Verse" and "Light Verse." The new ads clock in at 30 seconds each.
- Tomb Raider fans, get your credit cards ready. The rebooted version of the franchise arrives on the Mac App Store on Jan. 23. However, if you want to play online, you're better off waiting for the Steam-compatible version of the game that comes out next week.
- Those wanting a sneak peek into the upcoming car interface for iOS should take a look at app developer Steven Troughton-Smith's work. Troughton-Smith didn't comment on where the images came from, but its thought that the iOS in the Car shots were part of the most-recently released beta version of iOS 7.1.
Kick back and relax with these features:
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service