iWork restores missing features and other news from Jan. 23, 2014
Good news for iWork users! A software update has restored some of the missing features back to the service. You can share documents with a password via an iCloud link; Pages gains a vertical ruler and alignment guides; and there are additional sorting options in Numbers. As Macworld points out, Keynote has some new transitions, but did not restore some of the customization that was in Keynote 09.
Meanwhile, since it's after midnight on the East Coast, happy 30th anniversary to the Mac!
Other news from Thursday afternoon includes:
- ABC News will be airing an interview with Tim Cook during its flagship World News program at 6:30 PM ET to coincide with the Mac's big day.
- Registration for the 2014 FileMaker Developer Conference opened on Thursday, with the early bird discount of $1,295 running through June 3. The conference will be held July 28-31 at the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort and Spa in San Antonio, Texas. An additional $500 will net a Gold Registration package, with access to pre-conference sessions.
- Apple is the target of yet another lawsuit, this one filed on behalf of a trio of men who claimed that Apple Store employees wouldn't allow them to complete a credit card purchase without proof of identification. Furthermore, they claim the personal identification provided was being resold.
- We're all used to having our tech devices not be quite as large as advertised -- as some space is dedicated to the operating system out of the box. The UK's Which has found that the 16 GB iPhone 5c has the most available space on it right from the box: 79 percent of its 16 GB available. The worst offender? Samsung's Galaxy S 4, which has just 54 percent of its advertised 16 GB available. Most of that is taken up with what customers most likely see as bloatware.
- Check out these photos of the elegant Apple Store in Brisbane, located in the historic 1930s-era MacArthur Chambers building.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration