Mac turns 30, iWork updates return missing features, and other news from Jan 19-25
Mac turns 30
The biggest news this week was the 30th anniversary of the Mac. This brought out a rare retrospective by Apple including a video and a timeline highlighting important events of the past three decades.
Macworld's Jason Snell wrote Apple executives on the Mac at 30: 'The Mac keeps going forever.' and Dan Moren looks ahead with The Mac at 30: The next 30 years.
iWork restores missing features
This week also marked the return of some of the missing features from iWork since it was updated a few months ago, including some AppleScript support.
LogMeIn removes free option
LogMeIn is removing its free option despite assurances less than a year ago that "LogMeIn Free is and will remain free." This followed the news that SugarSync recently ended their free level and Droplr ended free accounts too.
Probably too soon to say if this is the beginning of a trend, but since Google stopped offering Google Apps Free Edition a little over a year ago, we've seen several others discontinue their free offering in the hopes of moving users to paid options.
Mac turns 30 The biggest news this week was the 30th anniversary of the Mac. This brought out a rare retrospective by Apple including a...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free