Tim Cook gives exclusive interview to ABC News and other news from Jan. 24, 2013
Tim Cook appeared on ABC World News on Friday to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the Mac. A short preview of the interview aired during Good Morning America. The interview itself discussed the NSA and the secrecy surrounding Apple's product launches. He emphasized that the government does not have access to Apple's servers.
"They would have to cart us out in a box for that," Cook said. "This will not happen."
You can see the full interview as it aired on ABC below:
Other news from Friday afternoon includes:
- Changes in Belgium law could force Apple to unlock LTE access for all Belgian consumers. Right now, the only network Belgians can use 4G service on is Mobistar. Other carriers have not received approval from Apple to utilize 4G, so 4G-compatible phones had to be throttled to 3G speeds.
- Here's something to be on the lookout for: the Sunrise calendar app is asking users for their Apple ID and password. What's even more worrisome is that Sunrise had a security breach a couple months ago.
- Macminicolo has announced a colocation service for the Mac Pro, and our Steve Sande will be taking a look at it soon!
- According to Macworld, the $930 million in damages that Samsung is being ordered to pay Apple for infringing on its patents equals about 16 days of the Samsung's profits.
Kick back and relax with these features:
- How the Mac shaped my career and life
- 7 things Mac owners don't have to do today
- What the first Macintosh ads looked like
- A look at the moving and powerful nature of Apple commercials
- How to tell the difference between an Apple and a Mac
- What was your first Mac? Your favorite Mac of all time? TUAW staff answers all
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration