Apple to reveal its Q1 financial results today, and other news for January 27
It's time for Apple to hold its quarterly financial conference call and reveal last quarter's numbers. The January conference call is always the most important one of the year as it covers the all-important holiday shopping season that just ended.
All signs have been pointing to Apple having a very good quarter as far as the iPhone and iPad are concerned thanks to the 5s and new iPad Air. If Apple hits it out of the park, its stock could jump after hours. The average analyst estimate is an earnings of US$14.32 per share and a revenue of $57.9 billion.
You can listen to Apple's financial conference call live here at 2PM PT/5PM ET or follow it here at TUAW during the same time as we report on it live.
In other news:
- As part of the 30th anniversary of the Mac celebrations last week, Tim Cook tweeted that Apple employees were treated to a performance by OneRepublic on Apple's campus. He later tweeted a picture of employees in the quad listening to the band.
- On Saturday more than 100 members of the original Mac team gathered in De Anza College's Flint Center where Steve Jobs first introduced the Mac 30 years ago. Three moderated panels were held to discuss the conception of the Mac, the engineering of the Mac and the third-party software developers who coded apps for the Mac.
- Jobs' first public demonstration of the Mac has been released online. The video has been virtually unseen since 1984. The demonstration was held at the monthly general meeting of the Boston Computer Society. The story of the video is as interesting as the video itself, which was tracked down again by Time's Harry McCracken.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration