Image Blender 2 overhauled with an iOS 7 design, 64-bit support and other goodies
Image Blender is a wonderful photo-editing app that allows you to combine two images into one using masks and different blending modes. Johan Andersson rolled out version 2.0 of the tool, adding support for iOS 7 and the 64-bit A7 processor in the iPhone 5s, iPad Air and retina iPad mini.
The app allows you to import a foreground and a background image and use tools like move, scale and rotate to arrange the elements in the images. A mask tool lets you remove parts of the foreground image and a set of 18 different blend modes allows you to tweak the look of the blended composition. When you are done, you can export the blended image and can choose a PNG format for high-quality exports.
Overall performance of Image Blender is smoother and stabler in v2.0, making it easier to remove the small nooks and crannies as you paint in a mask. Version 2.0 also allows you to draw with an Adonit Jot Touch stylus, which is a huge improvement over your fingertip. The remaining new feature adds support for URL schemes, which I have not yet tested.
Image Blender 2 is available from the iOS App Store for US$1.99.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features