In a blind camera taste test pictures from the iPhone 5s beat out ones from its five main competitors
Seemingly every month new phones are released, each boasting new features that set it apart from the competition. And yet even the most cutting-edge iPhone, the 5s, still comes with a measly 8MP camera. To put things in perspective its rival from Sony, the Xperia Z1 Compact, has a 20.7MP camera. All this variation got the fine folks at PhoneArena.com wondering; in a blind test judged by readers which phone would produce the best photos.
The following phones were used in their test: iPhone 5s, LG G2, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S4, Sony Xperia Z1 and the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact. PhoneArena took three sets of six photos using each of the six cameras. Readers were shown all three sets and asked which phone took the best photo, without knowing which camera was responsible.
Out of the six camera's tested the iPhone 5s came out on top with 34.77 percent of voters choosing it as the superior device. Interestingly the second place and last place went to the Sony Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z1 Compact, respectively. Despite the gulf between their scores the two phones have the same 20.7MP camera.
You can see one of the sets of photos above. Head over to PhoneArena to view all the pictures and see their complete test results.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration