iPhone 101: How to add Facebook, Twitter, and other social network accounts to iOS
Apple has made it easy for iOS owners to share content across their social networks thanks to the integration of services like Facebook and Twitter into iOS itself. You can download Facebook events into your iOS calendar, upload videos to Vimeo from the Photos app and share links in Safari. It's very convenient for iOS owners who are active on social networks.
To connect iOS directly to your social network accounts, you only need to add your account credentials into your iOS settings. Here's how:
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Scroll down until you see the entries for your social networks. Depending on your device and geographic location, you will see listings for Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, Vimeo, Sina Weibo and Tencent Weibo.
3. Tap on the social network to access a screen that allows you to enter in your username and password.
4. You can also download the official iOS app for that service and configure additional settings like import contacts, sync with calendar and more.
Once you enable these social accounts, you'll be able to share links, post status updates and sync contacts between iOS and your social networks. This useful chart from Apple summarizes the features available for each network.
Some services like Flickr, Vimeo and Tencent Weibo require iOS 7, while the others require iOS 6 or later.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options