Tim Cook sits down with the Wall Street Journal and other news from Feb. 8, 2014
The Wall Street Journal has published an interview that Apple CEO Tim Cook gave reporter Daisuke Wakabayashi. Of course, as Cook says, the company's best days are still ahead of it. He discussed emerging markets, the perception that Apple is no longer a growth company, new products and more. He also talked about Lenovo's acquisition of Motorola and Apple's own approach at acquiring new companies.
We've looked at big companies. We don't have a predisposition not to buy big companies. The money is also not burning a hole in our pocket where we say let's make a list of 10 and pick the best one. We're not doing that. We have no problem spending ten figures for the right company that's the right and that's in the best interest of Apple in the long-term. None. Zero.
But we're not going to go out and buy something for the purposes of just being big. Something that makes more fantastic products, something that's very strategic – all these things are of interest and we're always looking regardless of size.
Read the full article through at the Wall Street Journal. Note that the site does have a paywall.
Other news from Friday afternoon included:
- Apple is trying to sniff out the source of an unusual odor plaguing one of its Santa Monica, Calif. stores. A foul odor made its first appearance several weeks ago, and air testing equipment was spotted in the store as Apple tried to deduce what it is.
Kick back and relax with some of these features:
- Attack of the Clones: The Flappy Bird copies have arrived, and boy are they crappy
- Breaking: EVERYTHING we know about the iPhone 6
- The 5 best pranks to play on anyone with an iPhone
- Apple's $14 billion stock buyback helps save money on dividend payments
- Does your iPhone really charge faster in Airplane mode?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV