iBeacons installed at 2 MLB stadiums and other news from Feb. 14, 2014
Batter up, iBeacons! You're up to bat at two Major League Baseball stadiums. Re/code reports that MLB has completed installation of 65 iBeacons at Los Angeles' Dodger Stadium and San Diego's Petco Park. By the time Opening Day rolls around in March, more than 20 ballparks will have the technology in place. MLB said it will outline how it plans to use the iBeacons next month.
Other news from Friday afternoon includes:
- You can have your iPhone case and eat it too. Sadly, these chocolate cases for your iPhone will never be for sale.
- Want to get EA's official Tetris app for free? From now until April 7, you can download it from within Apple's Apple Store app. Just launch the app, scroll down to you see the words "A throwback for you. On us," and follow the instructions.
And kick back with these features:
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options