The DODOcase Durables sleeve is the ultimate anti-case
When it comes to cases for the iPad mini, there are plenty of fantastic options. Unfortunately, not everyone feels like covering their device with a semi-permanent shell, especially since since Apple's tablets are so appealing when nude. Enter the Durables sleeve by DODOcase, which protects your device whenever you're not using it, but lets you show off its bare skin any time you want.
- Materials: Canvas (exterior), cotton twill (interior), genuine leather (accent)
- Price: US$59.95
The Durables sleeve is pretty simple in construction, with soft twill inside, a waxed canvas covering on the exterior, and layer of felt sandwiched between the two to provide a bit of added padding. There is a leather accent patch as well which makes for a handy grip -- not that the tablet you're hauling is particularly heavy, but it's a nice touch.
As far as sleeves go, this one provides a snug fit. In fact, it's snug enough that an iPad with a case equipped is not likely to fit. That's kind of the point here, though, and the sleeve itself is protective enough that your standard drops and falls should be absorbed without issue.
Note: DODOcase notes on its website that the full-sized iPad with Smart Cover can indeed fit inside the Durables sleeve without issue, though I was only able to test the smaller iPad mini sleeve with the thicker Smart Case, which did not fit.
DODOcase calls these sleeves Durables for a reason, and the overall build and material quality is second to none. I can't imagine an instance in which one of these sleeves would come apart, even after years of use, and the canvas exterior is thick and firm, so wearing it out isn't going to be a simple affair.
The DODOcase Durables sleeve is the perfect answer for iPad users who just can't commit to a snap-on case. It provides a high level of protection against all elements, and is ideal for transporting your tablet between home and work, or any of your daily errands.
Rating: 4 out of a possible 4 stars
Your iPad needs a bit of protection, so follow the giveaway rules:
- Open to legal US residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 and older.
- To enter, fill out the form below completely and click or tap the Submit button.
- The entry must be made before February 24, 2014 11:59PM Eastern Standard Time.
- You may enter only once.
- One winner will be selected and will receive a DODOcase Durables sleeve for the iPad mini, valued at US$59.
- Click Here for complete Official Rules.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update