The iTunes festival is coming to America, running alongside SXSW in March
As we originally reported earlier today, 2014 will mark the first time Apple's iTunes Festival will be held in America, after seven years of being hosted in the UK. The festival will run alongside the annual South by Southwest festival in Austin, TX from March 11 through March 15. Artists slated to perform include ZEDD, Coldplay, Willie Nelson and Keith Urban, with more being announced soon.
As with last year's UK festival, the complete iTunes Festival will be streamed online for free through the iTunes Store, iOS devices, and your desktop. Apple TV will also be hosting an HD stream.
Founded in 1987, SXSW has become one of the biggest music and film trade shows in the country. The festival has launched the careers of bands like Hanson, The Polyphonic Spree, and James Blunt among others. Even bands and film makers who aren't officially on the festival schedule show up looking to fill spots and get noticed -- it's a madhouse. With the addition of the iTunes Festival, SXSW is going to be even crazier this year.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options