Remembering Steve Jobs on his birthday
On February 24, 1955, a baby was born in San Francisco to Abdulfattah Jandali and Joanne Scheible, a young unmarried couple who had met at the University of Wisconsin. The couple had decided to put that baby up for adoption at birth, and he became the son of Paul and Clara Jobs. That child grew up to co-found Apple and made a huge impact on the world.
Steve Jobs would have been 59 years old today had he not succumbed to pancreatic cancer on October 5, 2011. Current Apple CEO and close friend of Jobs, Tim Cook, noted Jobs' birthday today with a pair of heartfelt tweets:
Remembering my friend Steve on his birthday. "Stay hungry, Stay foolish". We honor him by continuing the work he loved so much.- Tim Cook (@tim_cook) February 24, 2014
Happy Birthday, Steve.
Remembering Steve on his birthday: "Details matter, it's worth waiting to get it right."- Tim Cook (@tim_cook) February 24, 2014
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter