Celebrity Infinity's iLounge and Innovations Store bring Apple to the high seas
While most of the Northern Hemisphere was locked in a deep freeze during the first couple of weeks of February, I was down in the Southern Hemisphere taking a cruise from Argentina to Antarctica aboard Celebrity Infinity. Not even vacation can keep this Apple blogger from looking for stories, and I was thrilled to see that Infinity and other ships in Celebrity's fleet are equipped with an Apple Authorized Retailer at sea. Guests aboard Celebrity Infinity can enjoy using iMacs and MacBooks in the iLounge, and purchase Apple products and accessories in the Innovations Store.
These aren't the only locations aboard where you'll see Apple products at work -- the ship's excellent QSine restaurant uses iPads for menus, with some entrees featuring fun animated descriptions (see image below). Of course, many guests are equipped with their own iPhones and iPads as well.
During one of our days at sea on the way down to Ushuaia, Argentina, I had the pleasure of sitting down to chat with Crofton Rhodes, the iLounge Manager on Celebrity Infinity. In this short video, you'll hear about the features of the iLounge and Innovations Store, as well as get a peek at these Apple facilities at sea.
Many thanks to Crofton and to the crew and staff of Celebrity Infinity and Celebrity Cruises for their assistance in setting up the interview.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows