David Fincher in talks to direct upcoming Steve Jobs biopic and other news from Feb. 27, 2014
The film has had a long gestation. Sony took on the project in 2011, and the script was started in 2012. Fincher is a director who takes his time on projects, so don't look for a quick appearance of this film. No actor has been selected for the role of Jobs, but Steve Wozniak is along as a consultant. Wozniak was very critical of the Kutcher film because of the way many people were portrayed.
Other news from Thursday includes:
- The Apple store went down late Thursday evening Pacific time. Why it's down, we don't know, but we'll let you know the changes when it comes back up.
- Google Hangouts has been updated for iOS 7, including picture-in-picture video calling for the iPad.
- AppleInsider is reporting that users are complaining that OS X 10.9.2 has broken AirPlay Mirroring in Mavericks. A number of failures are being reported to Apple's support forums.
- ABC is live streaming the Oscars to its iOS app, however it's only available in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Houston, Raleigh-Durham, N.C., and Fresno, Calif. if you subscribe to one of the cable providers there.
- Kendrick Lamar is the latest to be added to the iTunes Festival lineup.
- 9to5Mac noticed that Apple has released a new page on its developer site to help them get the most out of design for iOS 7 and OS X.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync