Poll: Tim Cook promises new product categories
The Wall Street Journal recently interviewed Tim Cook, who revealed "that Apple plans to enter a new category this year."
"There will be new categories. We're not ready to talk about it, but we're working on some really great stuff," Mr. Cook said. When asked whether a new product category could mean an improvement on an existing product like an iPad Air, a lighter version of its tablet computer, or new services such as mobile payments, Mr. Cook declined to comment.
He said that anyone "reasonable" would consider what Apple is working on as new categories.
Cook has promised new categories in the past, making us wonder have we seen these new categories already (like the iPad Retina mini) or is he talking about new new categories rather than referring to old new categories that have been under development since at least last year but are yet to appear.
What do you think? Vote in our poll.
|The iWatch and other Bluetooth Low Energy technology||419 (46.2%)|
|Call me Munster but I'm thinking TV||118 (13.0%)|
|It's a big iPhone with a larger screen.||68 (7.5%)|
|It's really a new category. Think Toaster Fridge.||59 (6.5%)|
|It's probably some other bump to an existing product line.||63 (6.9%)|
|The Apple/Tesla iCar||50 (5.5%)|
|It's 2014, it had better be Marty McFly's hoverboard||130 (14.3%)|
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter