Apple introduces CarPlay (Updated)
Early Monday morning Apple introduced CarPlay, which offers a new way to integrate iOS 7 and your car (select models).
Set to debut in 2014, CarPlay will let users make calls, send and receive messages, and listen to music, all from their car's built-in display. Several apps will be supported at launch, including Podcasts, Beats Music, Spotify, iHeartRadio and Stitcher.
Ferrari, Mercedes-Benz and Volvo will showcase CarPlay at next week's Geneva International Motor Show. Meanwhile, BMW, Ford, General Motors, Honda, Hyundai, Jaguar Land Rover, Kia, Mitsubishi Motors, Nissan Motor Company, PSA Peugeot Citroën, Subaru, Suzuki and Toyota will make future vehicles CarPlay-compatible.
Update: Volvo has produced a video that gives a brief demo of CarPlay in action.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration