Use special characters for a more secure iPhone passcode
There are two types of passcodes available: simple and complex. A simple passcode is restricted to four numbers, while a complex passcode can be longer and include letters. For a little extra security, use a special character.
You can access special characters on your iPhone's keyboard by pressing and holding on certain keys. For example, tap and hold I, O, U, E or C for a pop-up menu of available special characters. To choose one, simply slide your finger over it and release. Now, here's how to use them with a passcode.
- Tap Settings, General and then Passcode Lock.
- Move the Simple Passcode slider to the Off position.
- Tap Turn Passcode On and create a passcode, using the special characters as described above.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync