How to find an app that's missing on your iOS device
I'm an app-aholic. I have far too many apps on my iOS device, and I add more almost every day. I don't always take the time to organize them, so my homescreen panels sometimes become a jumbled mess of random apps.The chaos is occasionally fun, but most of the time it is frustrating as I can't find the app that I want to open. Is the app on screen #4 or #7? Or is it in a folder I created last month and then forgot about?
If you can't find an app that you installed on your iOS device, don't fret, just fire up Spotlight search by simply swiping down from the top of your home screen. Type the name of your app into the search field and the app will show up in the search results, if it is installed on your phone. If you are not sure how to use Spotlight for iOS, you can follow Steven Sande's handy video tutorial, which will walk you through the process.
If you can't find the app in your Spotlight search, then it is possible the app was deleted by gremlins (or your kids) when you weren't looking. To find apps that you have purchased but are not installed on your device, you need to hop over to the iOS App Store. Launch the App Store app and then tap on the "Updates" button in the right, bottom corner.
At the top of the screen, you'll see a link for "Purchased" apps. Tap on that "Purchased" link to list all of your purchased apps. You can view the full list of purchased apps or filter it by showing only those that are not installed on this iPhone.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync