Wal-Mart drops the price of the iPhone 5s and 5c further and other news from March 6, 2014
Wal-Mart has slashed the price of the iPhone 5s and 5c once again. You can pick up a 16 GB iPhone 5s for $119 with a two-year contract or a 5c for $29.
While the rumor mill claims this points to an imminent release of the iPhone 6, TUAW's Mike Wehner writes why Apple would not be announcing its next iPhone in June.
Other news from Thursday afternoon includes:
- Apple has updated its iTunes Festival app opening it up to US iTunes users and featuring the upcoming iTunes Festival during SXSW.
- Comixology has notified its users that the service has been hacked, and data including passwords, usernames and email addresses has been lost. It is encouraging readers to change their password as soon as possible.
- Apple has received a patent for a feature that would detect a possible emergency situation against someone who is holding their smartphone and would notify the police.
- Jawbone's new Up Coffee app claims to help you track your caffeine intake through the day so you can figure out when you'll be able to fall asleep that night. The app also can be linked with Jawbone's Up band, which will add the sleep data it gathers into the mix.
- If everything goes according to plan, Mercedes-Benz hopes to bring CarPlay to older cars this year through an aftermarket accessory. It'll be interesting to see what it comes up with and hopefully lead to further aftermarket installs.
And kick back with these features:
- Why would Apple announce the iPhone 6 in June?
- 6 iPhone accessories you're using that make the rest of us shake our heads
- After eight years HP has an answer to the iMac
- You shouldn't buy the Lunatik Touch Pen, but you should definitely buy the Lunatik Touch Pen
- How to find an app that's missing on your iOS device
- Rumor Roundup: 1573rd time's the charm
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync