Apple launches revamped iTunes Festival channel on Apple TV, and other news for March 10, 2014
Apple has launched a revamped iTunes Festival channel on the Apple TV in preparation for the iTunes Festival at South by Southwest (SXSW) 2014, which begins this Tuesday, March 11th. As for the channel itself, there's not a lot new besides the design graphics. Currently users can view lineups of the artists performing at the iTunes Festival as well as artist bios and showtimes of their performances.
The SXSW iTunes Festival will be the first iTunes Festival held in the United States. The iTunes Festival originated in London several years ago and is held at the Roundhouse in Camden annually. The new Apple TV channel will let you watch the show. Who's playing?
- Tuesday, March 11: Coldplay / Imagine Dragons / London Grammar
- Wednesday, March 12: Kendrick Lamar / ScHoolboy Q / Isaiah Rashad
- Thursday, March 13: Soundgarden / Band of Skulls / Capital Cities
- Friday, March 14: Pitbull / ZEDD / G.R.L
- Saturday, March 15: Keith Urban / Willie Nelson / Mickey Guyton
Viewers can also catch the iTunes Festival via the official app.
In other news:
- According to analytics firm Mixpanel, the iPhone 5s is about to break 20% penetration of all iPhones in use. The iPhone 5c, however, isn't doing that well.
- T-Mobile has added more data (starting at 1 GB) and no-cost international texting on its Simple Choice Plans.
- Not to be outdone, AT&T has launched a new single-line data plan giving users 2 GB of data and unlimited texts and calls for US$65/month.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync