iOS gets a bump up to version 7.1 and other news from March 10, 2014
iOS 7.1 came out on Monday, and if you haven't updated it yet, here's a taste of what you might find:
- iOS 7.1 adds Auto HDR feature to the Camera app
- iOS 7.1's new shift key icons are rad
- Apple's iOS 7.1 changes the Caps Lock key again
Other news from Monday afternoon includes:
- Apple's Remote app received an update on Tuesday that allows for control of iTunes Radio through the Apple TV and browse purchased movies and TV shows through the app and play them on the Apple TV. iTunes Radio control through the Mac and PC was added in December.
- An update to the Podcasts app resolves an issue with the skip button.
- Electronista reports that Apple's Loyalty Program for volume buyers has new benefits including steeper discounts and access to unlocked iPhones and the Apple TV with those discounts.
- A new study has found that Apple's iTunes Radio is now the third most popular radio streaming service in the country behind Pandora and iHeartRadio.
And kick back with these features:
- If you have lots of rubbing alcohol, Lick app may just improve your love life
- Why what you think about that "new category" thing may be all wrong
- Steve Jobs on mouse design and how the Apple Pro Mouse was conceived by happenstance
- Apple would have made Forrest Gump a multi-billionaire
- Rumor Roundup: Assumes facts most definitely not in evidence
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration