Call in sick to work, because Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft just launched for OS X
Blizzard's Warcraft-inspired collectable card game, Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, is now available for anyone and everyone with a capable Mac running OS X 10.8 or newer. The game -- which has been in closed beta for a number of months -- has seen a meteoric rise in popularity since its debut, and as a player myself I can tell you that it's definitely worth checking out.
The game is free to play, with additional card packs available for purchase in-game. You can also earn game currency by besting opponents online, which you can then also spend on upgrading your card collection. Head over to the official Hearthstone homepage to download the game and give it a go.
Blizzard is also planning a release for Hearthstone on iPad which should take place later this year.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app