iOS 7.1 hits 6% adoption rate and other news from March 11, 2014
Within a day of iOS 7.1's release, roughly 6 percent of iOS web traffic has been dedicated to those updating their operating system. Chitika's report notes that this followed a similar pattern seen in iOS 7.0.6's release.
Other news from Tuesday afternoon includes:
- Apple Insider noticed that a new warning window in iOS 7.1 alerts people of the default 15-minute time limit for making in-app purchases without re-entering their password.
- Apple has gotten approval for a new flagship store in San Francisco's Union Square.
- Apple also plans to open a number of smaller stores in India, focusing on getting into neighborhoods and smaller markets with the venture.
And kick back with these features:
- Flappy Bird creator wasn't sued, threatened or murdered, you just played too much of his game
- Day One launches Publish, adds social networks to the mix
- Video walkthrough of the biggest UI changes in iOS 7.1
- Watch Apple's SXSW iTunes Festival from the comfort of your home
- Warning: Don't upgrade to iOS 7.1 if you like your nested folders
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync