iOS 7.1 hits 6% adoption rate and other news from March 11, 2014
Within a day of iOS 7.1's release, roughly 6 percent of iOS web traffic has been dedicated to those updating their operating system. Chitika's report notes that this followed a similar pattern seen in iOS 7.0.6's release.
Other news from Tuesday afternoon includes:
- Apple Insider noticed that a new warning window in iOS 7.1 alerts people of the default 15-minute time limit for making in-app purchases without re-entering their password.
- Apple has gotten approval for a new flagship store in San Francisco's Union Square.
- Apple also plans to open a number of smaller stores in India, focusing on getting into neighborhoods and smaller markets with the venture.
And kick back with these features:
- Flappy Bird creator wasn't sued, threatened or murdered, you just played too much of his game
- Day One launches Publish, adds social networks to the mix
- Video walkthrough of the biggest UI changes in iOS 7.1
- Watch Apple's SXSW iTunes Festival from the comfort of your home
- Warning: Don't upgrade to iOS 7.1 if you like your nested folders
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter