Titanfall developer wants to see game on OS X
Titanfall -- a first-person shooter from a team comprised of many former Call of Duty development veterans -- debuted this week for Windows and Xbox One. It's a massively popular game that has a good chance of becoming a franchise in short order, and according Respawn Entertainment CEO Vince Zampella's twitter account, the team is interested in seeing the game on Apple's hardware.
When asked by a Twitter user if his company's new baby would appear on OS X, Zampella claimed that talks are already in the works about just such a thing. "We are talking to Aspyr," Zampella tweeted, "they should do it."
"Aspyr" is Aspyr Games, a publisher that specializes in bringing beloved games to Apple's various platforms. In fact, Aspyr is the same company responsible for the Knights of the Old Republic on iOS, which I happen to love. The company's other work includes BioShock Infinite, Borderlands 2, and several Call of Duty releases.
If Titanfall were to appear alongside those titles on OS X, it would be a pretty big deal for Mac gamers, so keep your fingers crossed.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service